I really believe that telemarketers are getting their numbers through another wonderfully administered government program: The Do Not Call Registry! I don’t know about you, but I get unwanted calls on my cell phone frequently. One of the best apps I’ve found for my Droid is Mr. Number. Mr. Number is an Android app that lets you block calls and texts from people that you don’t want to hear from again and provides Caller ID for millions of US phone numbers. The app makes it easy to block unwanted calls and texts, identify & stop spam and look up unknown phone numbers. The app is free to use, but if you want to use Reverse Lookup beyond the first 20 free lookups to get more information about a number, you can purchase 20 lookups for 99 cents.
The app will automatically block numbers that you designate by giving you the option to hangup or send to voicemail. It will also automatically block numbers that have a high probability of being spam or unwanted telemarketing numbers. You can also block and report numbers that send spam text messages. Mr. Number will alert you when you received a call or text from a blocked number.
Direct from Google Play, here is their description of the features of Mr. Number:
– Block calls and texts from one person, an area code or the entire world
– Stop telemarketers and debt collectors before they waste your time
– Intercept calls from private/unknown numbers and hang up or send to voicemail.
– Report spam calls, SMS, and MMS to warn other users
– Automatic name lookup for recent numbers so you’ll know who to block
– 20 free name lookups for mobile and landline numbers to use anytime
If you’re not following the apple orchard crowd, this app is a must have for the Android cell phone! Trust me, your stress levels will go down and your satisfaction in life will go up when you aren’t responding to unwanted calls or text messages!
Stress-free is how it ought to be! Live in tranquility…